Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Sunday, July 8, 2012

STAINED GLASS...KINDA,SORTA

Here's another way to recycle our scratch paper. You know, the messy sheets of paper we have after testing ink colours, stamping off, testing a stamp alignment....whatever you can't do on your project first.
The first time I did this technique, I tried it with magazine pages because random splotches of colour were what I needed for the background. Now, my scratch sheets fill that need. The paper alone is too lightweight so I glue it to a piece of cardstock. Same goes if you're using magazine pages. Gluesticks work nicely for this, just give them a few minutes to dry a bit.
Put this piece through an embossing folder, then lightly sand the tops. Your sanded design should turn white or very light. Dust it off, then drag a Distress ink pad across - the sanded tops should catch the ink and develop a nice design with colour in the low spaces. Kinda, sorta like stained glass. Black ink would be even more distinctive. Try it and let me know :)

Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment