Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Friday, July 6, 2012

NEW CARD & A SURPRISE!

Before I get to this card I want to thank you for your emails regarding my camera fiasco. I'm happy to be a lesson for you :)

This card has an embedded die cut...well, half-embedded. I plan to do another sometime fully embedded.
You can see more easily in this photo where the die cut is embedded in the ivory card stock, but it lays on top of the print paper. It's a fun way to divide two different papers.
This is just a more straight on view.

And now for the surprise. I invited you to send me a photo of your work and I would post it and one of you took me up on it- yay! 
Lucie has a painting showing in the Modern Bakery for the summer Art Walk and she sent me a photo to share with you.

It's AWESOME!
She has named it Lightning Safety. She showed it to her sons -very talented fellows too- and they saw lightning. Too cool. Lucie mentioned that she has been playing more with colour and gaining confidence in that play. She finds the card colours and colour challenges that she reads about on my blog add to her ideas of colour combos to try. I love that on  many levels- that she would find inspiration here, that she easily translates from card making to painting and that the more she works, the more confidence she has. Flex that creative muscle and it'll get stronger!

Thanks you so much for sharing Lucie. I love this and I'm so pleased you allowed me to share it.

When you see Lucie in the library, let her know you saw her beautiful painting.

I'm off to the basement- it's time to get pumped up...creatively :)

Thanks for looking and have a fabulous day!





No comments:

Post a Comment