Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Wednesday, July 4, 2012

BACK IN ACTION

Yes, that's right!We got my new camera yesterday and I'm still learning but did get a couple photos to share with you.  There are a couple techniques here so I'll just start at the beginning. I began with white glossy card stock to do Glossy Watercolour for the background. On a plastic or glass surface (waxed paper works too) place a few drops of dye re-inker. Spritz with water, move the inks around just a bit then lay the glossy card stock face down onto the wet ink. Lift and dry, then if you want you can lay it on the remaining ink. Repeat this as much as you like but remember to allow the ink on the card stock to dry to prevent muddy-ing up what you have. You can also add more ink to your work surface between layers to change up the look. Experimental- you betcha! Fun- oh yeah!

Then I decided to do another technique with it. I put it through the embossing folder then swiped dye inks over the raised card stock. The rest is assembling and embellishing.

I had a piece of the glossy watercolour left so I played some more. I added embossing and inking over it as before, then went one more step. Embossing and inking and painting.
Now I just have to decide if it's going to be a bookmark or applied to a card.

Have a great day and I hope you get a chance to let out some creativity- lots of it!
Thanks for looking- I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment