Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Thursday, July 19, 2012

MORNING GLORIES

It is a glorious morning and morning glories are beautiful. This Quietfire Designs stamp is a reverse image and perfect for the Faux Fossil technique. It's so simple and much cooler in real life. Try it, then you'll see. :)
Begin by stamping the image on light coloured card stock with Versamark ink. The card stock colour totally changes -mine was pale purple. Once inked, apply chalks-lots and lots of chalk. Use several colours and once the base is applied, keep adding more and rubbing it in hard. Eventually you will build up a nice sheen, which I didn't capture in the photo. It really does take on the character of a fossil.
Do give it a try, several in fact with different colours.

Thanks for looking today and I hope you get creating time!

2 comments:

  1. Very Cool Holly! I have to try this. Thanks for using the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks lovely- I'll have to try this- this stamp can be a challenge-and I love it.

    ReplyDelete