Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Sunday, May 27, 2012

FUTURE FLOOR FINISH RESCUE

This card was 'war'! Battle after battle to get anything remotely workable.It began when I wanted to use a piece of glossy card stock that I had done the brayer wash background to and discovered it didn't work at all. Too washed out and even but still good for stamping. So, I stamped it and die cut it and attempted to colour it with markers.
Nothing worked-the dark colours were too dark and I couldn't build up enough colour with the light markers. I even tried bleaching out areas to show lighter colours better. Nope-no good.
Finally, I put some Future Floor Finish and reinker together and brushed it on. Success.
The flowers dried a bit dark so I added FFF to a drop of white shimmer ink and brushed that on. It lightened the flowers and still allowed colour to show through. So, I eventually got components I could work with.

Future- not just for floors anymore.

I hope you find some arty play time today. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice, would like to see it "in the real" :)

    ReplyDelete