Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Thursday, May 17, 2012

ACRYLIC LAYERS

The copper acrylic paint was still on my work table so I painted a layer of it onto the card stock. Once dry, I brushed on a layer of green acrylic paint. When completely dry, I ran it through the Big Shot in an embossing folder. I used the sanding block to take off green paint and in some areas it also took off the copper. I like the look. I stamped the sentiment with black stazon, then assembled the card. Using my stylus (the end of the paintbrush works too) I placed dots of copper paint on the flower centers.
Acrylic layering offers a lot of experimenting. Apply more layers of paint before embossing and sanding. Paint, emboss, sand, paint, change to a different embossing folder and emboss, then sand.
Here you can see the copper dots and the sentiment.


Just play and try different things.
I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment