If you have visited my blog before, you'll know that I LOVE my Quietfire Design stamps. Not just for the fantastic artwork, they are also durable, and can take any medium and technique I throw at them. They also- multiply! So, my binder storage was no longer working, and something had to change. For under $10. and a whole lot of time, 12 hours to be exact, I have re-vamped my stamp storage. It's not pretty, but I'm pleased with how user friendly it is. :)
I went to Dollar Tree and found the 10x12x6 box with the hinged lid. It even has Get Organized printed on it. :)
Here it is- full of stamps.
Here you can see all the tabbed folders, each has a sheet of stamps, and a number on the tab.
These are the new foam mounted stamps. They come on their own storage sheets, so this is four sets of stamps. I joined the sheets together, and slid it into the clear plastic file folder.
This is how they are joined together- first with duct tape joining the four edges, then with chipboard to stabilize them.
These are the sports card holder sheets. They came out of the binder and into a file folder, then into the box. Now, I needed a catalogue. I could no longer keep track without one.
This is what took most of the time.
I bought this notebook from Dollarama a couple years ago. I removed the spine, trimmed the pages and covers, punched holes and added binder rings. Now, it lays flat and I can add pages easily.
I made dividers and gave them categories.
I listed the name, order number, how many to the set, and what number file folder it is stored in.
Click on any photo to enlarge them.
I drew lines to show at a glance, each set.
Well, there it is. Just waiting to be made pretty! In the meantime, I love how this is working.
Storage box- $1.25
Plastic folders- 5 pkgs. @ $1. = $5.- still have a few
Time- 12 hours
Small price to pay to not have to dread pulling out the binder anymore.
So, not a pretty share for you today, but now you know what I've been up to ;)
Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!