Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Friday, May 9, 2014

MISSION: STAMP ORGANIZATION


 If you have visited my blog before, you'll know that I LOVE my Quietfire Design stamps. Not just for the fantastic artwork, they are also durable, and can take any medium and technique I throw at them. They also- multiply! So, my binder storage was no longer working, and something had to change. For under $10. and a whole lot of time, 12 hours to be exact, I have re-vamped my stamp storage. It's not pretty, but I'm pleased with how user friendly it is. :) 
 

 I went to Dollar Tree and found the 10x12x6 box with the hinged lid. It even has Get Organized printed on it. :)


Here it is- full of stamps.



Here you can see all the tabbed folders, each has a sheet of stamps, and a number on the tab.

These are the new foam mounted stamps. They come on their own storage sheets, so this is four sets of stamps. I joined the sheets together, and slid it into the clear plastic file folder.


This is how they are joined together- first with duct tape joining the four edges, then with chipboard to stabilize them.
 
  
These are the sports card holder sheets. They came out of the binder and into a file folder, then into the box. Now, I needed a catalogue. I could no longer keep track without one.
This is what took most of the time.


I bought this notebook from Dollarama a couple years ago. I removed the spine, trimmed the pages and covers, punched holes and added binder rings. Now, it lays flat and I can add pages easily.


I made dividers and gave them categories.

I listed the name, order number, how many to the set, and what number file folder it is stored in.
Click on any photo to enlarge them.

I drew lines to show at a glance, each set.
 
Well, there it is. Just waiting to be made pretty! In the meantime, I love how this is working.

Storage box- $1.25
Notebook- $1.25
Plastic folders- 5 pkgs. @ $1. = $5.- still have a few
Time- 12 hours
Small price to pay to not have to dread pulling out the binder anymore. 

So, not a pretty share for you today, but now you know what I've been up to ;)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!


 


6 comments:

  1. You have definitely been busy! I like it. It makes sense and is cost effective. Very organized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good Holly Enjoy using your stamps BIG GRIN. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always great to be organized. Thanks for sharing your solution to organizing your Quietfire stamps. It looks marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, wow, Holly, what a stash! Great job! But that box looks full. I better make some more stamps..... heh heh. Organization never ends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, Holly! I already do something similar but the UM QFD stamps were always a challenge. They did not all fit into the baseball sleeves, etc. I am really looking forward to trying the new cling mounted ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful inspiration...now about the 12 hours- where did you find those??

    ReplyDelete