Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Friday, June 15, 2012

CRUMPLED BATIK?

This card has a technique that morphed from two to one- techniques that is. I began doing Crumpled Resist. The steps are: clear emboss images, crumple card stock, flatten out, spray with water, sponge on inks, let dry. I've done it before and it looks great. This time, however, I think I got it too wet and the ink wicked through the cardstock and behind the embossing. Once dry, I stamped flower stems randomly, then ironed off the embossing which is how to do Faux Batik.
In the end, I like the look so a happy creative accident. Don't you love those?

Do you have happy creative accidents to share?

Have a wonderful day. Flex some creative muscle. It'll make you feel great!
Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment