Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Wednesday, February 9, 2011

SCRAP-CYCLING

Scrap-cycling-  my word for using scraps and recycling. In this case, the 16x16 base is a canvas that had a wine photo on it and was sitting in a clearance bin. It had to come home with me. I decoupaged black tissue paper to the whole thing, purposely leaving small wrinkles in it. Then, I pulled out my drawer filled with leftover technique samples and used my 1 1/4" square punch to make all same size squares. I used my 3/4" square punch on the smaller pieces and that used up the samples quite well. I have other plans for those smaller squares.
Here's a closer look at the canvas.

I attached the squares with a small piece of double-sided tape so I can easily switch them out if I want to. They aren't perfectly lined up so as to not be too rigid but that may change if I decide to attach it all permanently.  This is just a beginning idea with lots of potential. I'd bet you could build on this idea easily.
Go for it!

1 comment: