Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Monday, September 24, 2012

WELCOME FALL!

The colours of autumn- comfy, toasty and vibrant. Then, I go one step further and add a little shimmer.
 
I used a gold stardust gelly roll pen to outline the stamped design. That's the shimmer, but there is more going on here. The stamp is a die-cut fun foam background stamp made with a Spellbinders botanical expandable die. I stamped on white cardstock, let it dry and I brayered inks over it. Then I followed up with the gelly roll pen. The actual stamp (die) is more than twice the size of the strip you see here.
The friend sentiment from Quietfire Design was stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with espresso embossing powder. The little leaf is perfect for fall and got a little gold sparkle too.
Again, hard to photograph because of the shimmer, the sunshine and the photographer. :) I must have taken 30 shots of this card and this is the best of them.
 
This card is dedicated to my wonderful friend Karen. Fall is not her favourite season- she is a Spring girl! However, she knows I like Fall and she loves me anyway.
 
I hope you are enjoying your day and thank you for dropping by.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Holly! This is a knockout! Beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly make anything without a stardust pen.
    Love the colors- espresso!

    ReplyDelete