Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Wednesday, April 9, 2014

FLOURISHES & BUTTERFLIES

Hi there! Don't you just love the bright, cheery colour here? Me too.
 
This card has scattered embossing on the white base layer using an Anna Griffin folder. The edges are distressed, and it's attached to a dark brown card base.
The colourful panel, and white cardstock has been die cut, then the white cuts embedded in the coloured piece. This was matted with dark brown cardstock.
Burlap paper-absolutely love this stuff- was stenciled, using the opposite piece from the white die cut, as the stencil, and dark brown acrylic paint.
The fabulous butterflies are from a new e-cut file from Quietfire Design. The sentiment stamp is Quietfire Design as well.
All the pieces were layered and attached, ribbon added, pearls added, and DONE!
 
I am sharing this card on Splitcoast Stampers for the embedded flower challenge.
 
Also sharing at-
Freshly Made Sketches
 
Thanks for looking and I hope you look around at the other challenge cards- just click on the links above.
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. I do love the bright pop of color.....especially against the burlap! Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! It's gorgious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours in this card Holly and you have inspired me to stamp on burlap! Thanks for the inspiration and creativity. I've popped over from Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge fan of Fall colors so this card is very appealing to me! Fabulous Work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the richness of the colors and patterns. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Holly! Love those colours and the burlap background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete