Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Saturday, September 21, 2013

QUIETFIRE & DREAMWEAVER BLOG HOP- FINALE


 
Hi Everyone!
I hope you've been enjoying this fun-filled and sample-packed blog hop this week. There has been so much to feast our eyes on, and fall colours are just the best.
This card dazzles with the hits of gold, a vibrantly coloured background and beautiful calligraphy by Suzanne of Quietfire Design.

 
I began by sponging different coloured inks through the Fall Borders stencil, using the oak leaves side. Then I masked off the stencil leaving two leaves open, and spread paste through them at random spots over the sponged leaves. I followed this using the Molten technique. The description for that is further down in this post.
Once cool, I sponged orange and yellow inks over the entire background to unify all the colours.
 
 
I spread Metallic Gold Embossing Paste through the Leaf Icons stencil, then poured Queen's Gold embossing powder onto the paste and tapped off the excess. I heated this thoroughly with my heat tool, to melt the powder and bubble up the paste. It's the Molten Technique and it truly looks molten. I cut around the leaf, inked dark brown ink all around the edge and set it aside.
 
I stamped The True Harvest of My Daily Life onto kraft cardstock using sepia Ranger archival ink and die cut two sides of the card using Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles
The same sepia ink was then sponged around all the card pieces and the card was assembled.
 
 
 
I hope you try this and create some fall goodness for yourself.
Thank you for coming by and following along on this Quietfire & Dreamweaver blog hop.

PS- if you get caught up in your creating and forget to put your stencil and other paste tools in water right away, Magic Erasers are wonderful things. I had a dollar store variety and it worked great in a tub of water.
 
Be sure to go and see:
FROM QUIETFIRE DESIGN
 
and the DREAMWEAVER Team
and the
and
 
Remember to leave your comments as you go.
Prizes will be announced on Thursday! You have till midnight this Sunday (Sept. 22) to leave your comments.
Thanks Everyone!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


33 comments:

  1. I just adore autumn colors and your techniques bring them out more than ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for using one of my favorite stamps! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for using one of my favorite stamps! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for using one of my favorite stamps! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card...the gilding is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice. Very fall looking. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how that looks with the molten metal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a grand finale -- your card is gorgeous! Thanks for the tip to use the Magic Eraser; I am sure I will need it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooh...what a card! I have that sentiment and LOVE it - this is great showcasing for it. Will have to try that molten effect soon! Thanks, Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautifully rich card Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking at your card, I definitely need to purchase some Metallic Gold embossing paste.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Want to get into this medium! So many projects...so little time!! This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the autumnal colours on this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty Holly! The colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how well the QF quote works with your artistic interpretation! Beautiful leaves! Thanks for playing with the Dream Team this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the molten technique! It looks amazing on your leaves!!!
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful shimmer! Love the way you used the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoa!!! this is a stunner! Love your creation...so many details and each says Autumn so beautifully. Thanks for your work this week on our cross promo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful fall card and the perfect quote. This hop has been very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the molten leaves and the debossed words on your second piece - stunning fall cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have never tried the molten technique, but I am going to try that out very soon. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful result this technique leaves behind!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The molten technique is brand new to me. Perhaps one day I will have to give it a try. Your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The leaves and the sentiment are awesome....great fall colors

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for sharing your technique for the leaves - I'm definitely going to try this!

    Carmen L

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the bubbly leaves. Great colours!

    ReplyDelete