Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Wednesday, January 23, 2013

GIRLIE VALENTINE

A beautifully penned sentiment, with pink inks and pearls, just shouts 'girlie' to me.
This photo, taken by my son Dan, shows more accurate colours.
The pink panel was stamped with the heart, inks were sponged on and it was embossed with swiss dots. The 'dots' were lightly sanded revealing the white card stock. Opposite corners were rounded off, as were the base card corners. The panel was cut in half diagonally then attached to the base card. The sentiment was stamped, then die-cut, pink die-cuts were attached to the ends and the piece was popped up with foam tape. A few pearls were added. Simple but pretty, or I should say 'girlie'.
 
The stamps by Quietfire Design are very elegant and do the work on this card.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, I love this card! Very nice, Holly :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did some of the work!!!!
    Love how the flourished heart looks "behind" the swiss dots.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete