Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Thursday, November 29, 2012

IT'S A PROCESS...and a MOOD!

Crazy title for this post? Yes, but it fits. This morning as I looked over my work table, I saw bits and pieces and thought I had a good plan for putting them together. Awhile later, this card is the result. While I love each of the stamps, (Quietfire Design) I wasn't sure this worked. I was going for the 'family' theme and relating it to the row of mittens, similar to the family stockings on Christmas Eve. I think, it works better if you know that but this is not a talking card and the receiver wouldn't know that. So.....
I messed about created some more and made this card.
I like it more than the first one. Here's a look at the shimmer on the dots...
Super Sparkle acrylic paint is my 'go to' for shimmer. To tint it, I first applied the Fired Brick ink pad to a corner of my acrylic stamping block. Then I picked up a drop of Super Sparkle with my stylus, mixed it in with the ink on the block, then dotted it onto the card stock. If I had the ink in a re-inker, I would have used a little drop of that to mix with the Super Sparkle, but I don't so this works. I can make the shimmer paint any colour that I have in inks.
Tomorrow, I may look again and prefer the first card-never know what mood will strike or when :)
It certainly keeps things interesting.
 
Thank you for looking and I hope you're enjoying the day.
 
 

1 comment: