Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Monday, April 23, 2012

COLOURED ACETATE

What began as an ATC became the main image for this birthday card for my b-i-l. The fish peel-off sticker was placed on the acetate, then flipped over and coloured from behind. A drop or two of re-inker was added to a few drops of Future Floor Finish, then applied with a small paint brush. The colour is transparent but can be darkened by adding more ink to the FFF, or applying more layers, letting them dry between. I didn't for this fish but you can also add glitter to the wet colour.
The acetate was attached to the streaked cardstock with glue dots behind the fish.

As well as peel-off's, you can stamp with Stazon, or draw with permanent markers and apply colour to the back. You can also just apply colour for a background, having no design on front.

A fun process and I'm thinking letters for scrapbook titles would be fun. I'll try it out soon.

Have a marvelous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment