Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Tuesday, May 24, 2011

OLD & BLUE, NO BORROWED OR NEW

I made this card about three years ago- and that's guessing. It may have been more. Even so, I like the layout of it and the faux charm technique is always fun. For this one, a square of double-sided foam tape was covered in silver embossing powder and melted, about three times. A stamp with Versamark ink on it was pressed into the molten embossing powder and held there for about ten seconds. Once the stamp is removed, the square has a nice image stamped into it, loosely resembling a silver charm.

You can do this without foam tape by applying layers of embossing powder to chipboard. Ink the sides with Versamark and emboss before embossing top. It looks nicer once it's finished if the sides match the top in colour.

Give it a try. Oh, and if you have copper embossing powder, you will love it!
Here's a sample...
That's all for now- thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment