Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Friday, May 4, 2012

BIG SHOT STAMPS

I was busy with the Big Shot today, making stamps or maybe they should be called printing blocks. I think of stamps as being flexible, cushion-y. These are not. The green die-cut is actual size of the die. The blue ink print is the new stamp. That's what happens when you die-cut shrink plastic!
Here are more samples-
Same die as green foam above.
Card stock attached for a handle, then I realized I could just do this-
 fold the corner of the heavy plastic that I attached the shrink plastic to.

One of my favourites.
Some packages of the shrink plastic report 40% shrinking from the original size, some say 20%. All I know is that it goes pretty small while keeping uniformity of design.

This allows for actual die-cuts being used, along with a die-cut foam stamp and then the smaller print blocks. Now all I need to do is create something with all this.  :) Maybe tomorrow.

Enjoy your day!




No comments:

Post a Comment