Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Tuesday, June 19, 2012

SCRAPS BOOKMARK

Lately, I've been using ledger paper for my scratch paper and that's the background paper on this bookmark. I was testing my Memory Box die to see how well it cuts felt. The tree cut beautifully. So did the leaves that you'll see in the next photo.
After placing the tree on the ledger paper, I laid clear adhesive backed vinyl over it, then ran it through the lattice embossing folder. That makes everything stay good and stuck. Then, I just attached that to the card stock base and made a nice big bookmark.
This was made the same way, but I die cut the  leaves, butterfly and bubble flower border from felt. I'm very impressed with the dies. They release the paper (or felt) very well too.


I've discovered that by making bookmarks with the bits and pieces on my work table, the items get used, not stuffed in some forgotten bin, and I'm reminded to try the technique again or a variation of it. So far, it's working and when I feel I've more than enough bookmarks, I'll switch to ATC's, then back again, I'm sure.

So, I'm just sharing another way to use up the bits.

Have an awesome day and thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment