Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Saturday, June 30, 2012

BUTTERFLY PUNCH SAVE & COOL NEWS


Here is a good example of a card going in a direction other than the one I'd planned. Before I share the process, the blue background is not part of the card- it's there for contrast only.
Do you see the little shimmery bit on the butterfly? That is white shimmer ink that I had stamped on white card stock to begin the ink resist technique. I'll do it again so you see how gorgeous the technique is but this time, I went too far. I overstamped the piece with the French words and totally mucked it up. Way too busy! What to do?

This is why this post is called butterfly punch save. It works as a smaller segment.  So, I don't know if there's a name for the technique of cropping or punching your work to get a better result than the large piece, but this time, it's a butterfly punch save.

Don't you just love the calligraphy stamp? Suzanne Cannon (Quietfire Design) does fabulous work and shares it with us in the form of a stamp. Absolutely beautiful.

And the news? Suzanne has invited me to be a guest designer!!! This is so exciting and my brain has been grinding away with ideas to share. Truth: I am also somewhat terrified.
Here is her beautiful blog which also has links you'll want to check out.

So, I hope you have enjoyed your visit here today.
I feel a little bit like my slip is showing but I'm among friends who help me pull it all together.

Thank you for looking! 



2 comments:

  1. Soooo exciting!!! Congrats Holly. I know how much you enjoy her product so I am sure that you will go to town with it. You are so very talented and I am ecstatic for you!!

    ReplyDelete