Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Thursday, March 13, 2014

SPRING WATERCOLOUR CHALLENGE

 
Hi! Are you craving colour, and warmth? Good to know Spring is officially right around the corner!
Suzanne did up this fantastic e-cut for spring, and you can find it HERE. 
I thought it was perfect for some blotchy type watercolouring. It's fun to watch the colours blend and run into each other. Begin by wetting down the area to be coloured- the spring cut out. Then dab watercolour here and there, repeating until you get the look you like. Add more water to move the colour, and more colour to darken it.
I went all around the edge with a dark green marker, and allowed it to bleed a bit, into the still damp cardstock. The flowers were coloured, stacked and glued to the card base.
I'm entering it in VIRGINIA'S VIEW CHALLENGE
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Such a perfect background to your yummy coloured Spring! Love it! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Holly! LOVE your colorful sentiment for Spring! I sure hope Spring is coming soon to Canada, too! It is gorgeous with the embossed background and green edges! So glad that you have fun with the first Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete