Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Wednesday, May 22, 2013

BIND IT ALL NOT FOR SALE

Once again, I had a thought about selling something I rarely use.
My Bind It All. There are so many fun ways to bind books and journals that I was ignoring it.
Then, I had a look on Pinterest. (love, love, love Pinterest)
I found THIS board and was inspired to create a ribbon hanger.
 
 
I covered mat board with designer paper then punched all along one edge with the BIA.
I clamped it into a pant hanger, inserted the O-wire and proceeded to hang my ribbons.
I had a package of clips that work perfectly with the loose ribbons.


The first hanger has two strips clamped in for two rows to hang ribbon from. I made a third strip but it was too heavy for one hanger so I clamped it into another hanger. I may have to make a fourth strip to double up the second hanger.

It's very easy to find and retrieve any of the ribbons. If it isn't easy access, I won't use it, so I'm very pleased with how this turned out. Definitely keeping my Bind It All.
 
Hope you enjoyed this project and thanks for stopping by my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, Holly! So colourful. It just makes you want to play! ....my cats would think so, too, darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, it's so creative. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete