Welcome!

This is my place to share my creative bits and pieces. My art has no rules, no limits and absolutely no order. My projects change with my moods but for the last few years, my main focus has been paper art. Cards, collage, mixed media and as many techniques as I can get to. My inspiration comes from everywhere.

I hope you enjoy your visit.



Thursday, September 20, 2012

'ROUND & 'ROUND

This beautiful sentiment comes from Quietfire Design. 
Watercolour Re-inker is the technique behind the words and it's one of those fun, messy ones. On a non-stick surface, place a few drops of dye ink. Add a few drops of water to each puddle of ink to allow the different colours to meet and slightly blend. Lay the white cardstock on top of the mixed inks and let it sit until you see the colour coming through. Lift off and repeat until you have the result you want. Once dried, I stamped the words, then spritzed with dark pink and silver pearl. The flowers were punched from this cardstock as well. The spirelli was done with a silver cord and attached with foam tape.
I hope you like this card and feel inspired to try any of the techniques used here.
 
Thanks for looking and have a fantastic day!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome card Holly!! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely- the background looks like marble and clouds.
    Love the spirelli too.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete